Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Name that Jack!



New toys for a new puppy!

That's right... a new puppy! Come June I will be joined by a little Jack Russell Terrier out of Red Trail Terrier's Isis and Oakley breeding. I have yet to pick which little boy is mine, but mark my words, one of them is!

So it's time for the name game... what fits a little roly-poly Jack puppy? I have a Bentley already... do I want another people name, or something fun and unusual?

If I go for a people name, the little man will be Hayden. Bentley and Hayden... it just works. But there are so many great options that are fun and cute to call out on the flyball lane, while still being good strong names.


On the list right now:
  • Ender
  • Epic
  • Damage
  • Grumble
  • Spud

Okay. I'm not saying that Spud is a 'strong' name... but it certainly is fun. There are a lot of good nickname options there: Spudnut, Spudders, Mr. Potato Head, Spuddy Boy... the list goes on. Thoughts, comments, concerns? What would YOU name a little 'terrier'ist? Is Spud too embarassing to call out in a crowd of people? Is it dangerous to name him Damage? What if he lives up to that name? Will I ever wear a pair of shoes without holes again? Do I learn to live without socks now, BEFORE the dog has a chance to destroy them all? Oh the questions...

Help me out! Cast your votes to the side ---->

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shoot...I thought of a really good name for your new puppy but forget now. I hope it comes back to me because it was awesome! Good luck choosing a name!
Nikki and Kaibo